JRP Property Management Animal Policy is as follows (unless specifically stated in the listing for units in which animals are not permitted):
Animals are permitted on a case-by-case basis upon the sole discretion of the Landlord. Only approved animals are permitted on the premises.
A $50.00 (Fifty Dollars and 00/100) monthly fee will be required per animal and will become part of rent due; not a separate charge and therefore rent going forward will be at the advertised price plus this amount regardless if the animal continues to reside at the property for the full term of the lease or subsequent leases. If you begin your tenancy with an animal your rent will be an additional $50.00 (Fifty Dollars and 00/100) in addition to the listed price.
Multi-Units will allow animals of 30 lbs or less only.
Animals other than cats or dogs that do not create a liability hazard such as lizards, non-venomous snakes, guinea pigs, hamsters or gerbils kept in a cage or fish tanks under 10 gallons will be accepted and become part of rent due as outlined above.
Owners will be required to allow a bi-annual inspection for pests and will be responsible for all costs incurred to eradicate the pests as deemed appropriate by the landlord under the recommendation of an exterminator.
We do not allow: Dogs under one year of age, fish tanks over 10 gallons, rats or mice, rabbits, bunnies, livestock, wild animals, dogs on the unacceptable dog breed list or any other animals not expressly noted on this animal policy.
Unacceptable breeds include but are not limited to: Akita, American Staffordshire Terrier, Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Pit Bull, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, wolf hybrid, or any dog that is a mix that includes one or more of these breeds.
Unapproved Animals: Tenants will be billed a non-refundable $250 fee for each unapproved animal(s) found on the premises. Tenant(s) will be given notice and will be given 10 days to rectify the situation either by approval or removal of the animals (s). Approval or removal of the animal does not negate the $250 fee which will become part of the next month’s rent due. If an animal is approved, the tenant will be responsible for the monthly animal fee going forward in addition to the $250 fee for the period of which the animal was kept previously unapproved.
Tenant agrees to:
1. Keep the animal under control at all times.
2. Keep the animal restrained, but not tethered, when it is outside Tenant’s dwelling.
3. Not leave the animal(s) unattended for any unreasonable periods.
4. Dispose of the animal’s droppings properly and quickly in the necessary location for disposal.
5. Not leave food or water for the animal, or any other animal, outside of the dwelling.
6. Keep animal(s) from causing any annoyance or discomfort to others and will remedy immediately any complaints made through the Landlord.
7. Proof that animal has been spayed or neutered within the first year of the life of the animal is required.
8. Dogs less than 1 year of age are not permitted.
9. Dogs must be appropriately potty trained. Cats appropriately litter trained.
10. Should the animal(s) have offspring they must remove the animal’s offspring within eight weeks of birth and Tenant(s) will be required to notify the Landlord and
pay appropriate animal fees for EACH animal.
11. Tenant agrees to keep the animal under control at all times. Animal(s) must be kept from causing annoyance or disruption to any neighbors or others. Tenant is responsible for any damages, loss, or expense caused by the animal. Animal deposit shall be allocated for cleaning, repairs, or damages and will be returned to the Tenant subject to the terms of the regular security deposit. Landlord reserves the right to revoke permission to keep the animal at any time or should Tenant be non-compliant with this agreement. No animals are allowed on the Premises at any time which are not noted in lease other than legally authorized guide dogs, or animals that have received written authorization from the Landlord.
12. Pay immediately for any damages, loss, or expense caused by the animal.
13. Tenant agrees to pay in addition to the monthly rent, the amount of _x__ . This amount will become part of the rent due for the entire term of the Lease agreement regardless of the death of the animal or removal of the animal as a decision of the Tenant or the Landlord. (Replacement of the animal will result in an additional addendum and fee.
14. Landlord reserves the right to revoke permission to keep the animal, should Tenant disobey this Agreement.